Tuesday, January 26, 2021

3 Favorite Storybooks

Sonali's Storybook


    I chose this story because it is about coming into freshmen year at OU. It's been four years since I had to do it, so I thought this would be a good way to try and reminisce about stepping foot on campus on that first day. The introduction does a good job of taking you through the move-in process and setting up the rest of the story by mentioning the haunted part. Overall, the website does a good job and is laid out neatly to understand what is going on. 

Bo Peep's Sheep


    The reason I chose this story is that it was the only name I had recognized, and that is only thanks to the Toy Story movies. Even in the Toy Story movie Bo Peep always has her sheep with her so I figured that the story would be about that when I initially found it. Then the title and the introduction confirmed it. The name "Bo Peep's Sheep" would be about nothing else, and when I came to read the introduction, sure enough, it was about Bo Peep losing her sheep. Also, I like the layout of this website. It gives it that warm kid's storybook feels with the font, background, and imagery used.  


Little Bo Peep Clipart

Tales of Ancient Vietnam

URL: https://sites.google.com/site/thetalesofancientvietnam/
                                                    
    Upon reading the title, I thought this would be some sort of historical story that takes place in Vietnam. After reading the introduction, you quickly learn that the story doesn't even take place in Vietnam and is not historical at all. I realized that these are stories that used to be told in Vietnam. I do like how the story was set up in the introduction. And the website is also laid out very nicely. I like the color scheme used, it's very cool and calming. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15 - Extra Credit Reading

                                                                                         ( Mahabharata ) Notes -  He sees Vyasa, an ascetic ...