Sunday, February 7, 2021

Topic Brainstorm

Topics

Topic 1 - The first topic I am interested in writing about is a creation story. I don't really have any previous experience with Hinduism and its' creation stories but I feel as if I could write about it. I know Hinduism has a lot of Gods/Goddesses so it will be interesting to see which ones play a role in the creation story and how they depict it in their religion. Since there is no single story of creation in Hinduism, I will probably look at some of the most unique ones in Hinduism and retell them. 

Topic 2 - The second topic I am interested in writing about is an epic battle. I know that there are many epic battle stories across Indian culture and the epics that are written. I don't know a lot about the battle scenes but I think they would be easier to follow since they are more action-oriented and I am naturally more drawn to action scenes/stories. An interesting thing to do would change the outcome of the story and or make the battle change to the course of history. 

Topic 3 - The third topic that would be interesting would be a reincarnation story. Reincarnation has always fascinated me just because anyone could turn out to be anything based on what you do in this life. It's all about having good karma and focusing on what will happen in the next life so it seems like you don't really get to enjoy your current one. A good story would be about someone getting reincarnated and trying to get back into a good life after realizing what they had done wrong. 

Topic 4 - The fourth topic I could write about is animals, natural and supernatural. I think you could write a story bringing a lot of different animals together. Maybe a battle of good versus evil or an animal helping someone along their journey. There are a lot of different animals that do different things in Indian epics so finding a story to write about wouldn't be too difficult. 

                                  Nagas a serpent - One of the many animals in Indian epics






No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15 - Extra Credit Reading

                                                                                         ( Mahabharata ) Notes -  He sees Vyasa, an ascetic ...