Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Week 2 Reading Overview

 Choose your Ramayana for Week 3

    So the Ramayana I chose to read was the Tiny Tales. I clicked through a few and they seemed pretty interesting. I chose this one mainly because it was free and there was an audiobook option. Sometimes hearing it can make me understand it better. Also, I like how each section is short and not one big chunk of text. It can be a little overwhelming sitting down and staring at a big chunk of text on a screen. 

Explore the comic books and videos

 Comic Book - 1; This comic book interested me because it is about a powerful giant who has to go into battle and try and defeat an army. It has more action than other comics so it grabbed my attention. 

Comic Book - 2; I chose this comic because it also has more action in it. The story involves a rescue mission for someone in trouble and that seemed pretty interesting.

Video - 1; I chose this video because it relates to life today and can give you another way of viewing life. Going into the four aims of life may help someone find what drives them every day.

Video - 2; I chose this because it's another video that makes you think about life and just our daily existence. It goes deep in this short video and tries to explain the concept of dying. 

Finish the blog post

                                                            Hayagriva and Brahma
                                                                     (Wikimedia: Mahabharata)

    To finish up this blog post, I chose this image. This image really stood out to me just because of what is pictured in it. First off, there is a person with four arms and a horse head that is some sort of god. Being worshipped by someone with four arms as well as faces all around their head. It just reminded me that Indian epics come in all shapes and sizes.                                        







No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15 - Extra Credit Reading

                                                                                         ( Mahabharata ) Notes -  He sees Vyasa, an ascetic ...